6 Home Seller Myths You Shouldn’t Believe
Don’t pay attention to a single one of these six home selling myths:
1. You can sell your home FSBO. Yes, there are homes that successfully sell as a For Sale by Owner, but this only occurs on about 7% to 9% of attempts. Half of the people who buy these homes know the owner before purchasing. Regardless, the odds aren’t great when selling as FSBO.
2. What you need from your home should be what it’s worth. Selling a home is like selling stock. I bought IBM stock for $100 and want to sell it for $100, but the market dropped it to $50. What you need from your home won’t necessarily produce what the market will produce.
3. It’s OK to sell as is. In today’s HGTV world, you’re going to need to do some kind of updating in order to get top dollar and compete with your neighbors.
4. Upgrades need to be drastic. This isn’t true either. Minor changes can make a major difference, and we would be happy to help you with our professional opinion.
5. Spring is the only time to sell. Trust me, any time in 2019 is a good time to sell. If you wait until April or May to list, you miss some of the best months for selling in January, February, and March.
6. Get the value of your home from online estimates. It’s a good starting point, but it’s by no means the finish line. You need to talk to a real estate professional, like the ones on our team, who will give you a better idea of what your property is worth.
If you have any questions for me in the meantime, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.